Using the right furnishings and layout for a restaurant is
crucial. These factors control how efficiently the restaurant
operates to supply the customer with the most pleasant
environment. When furnishing a restaurant you must consider two
main points: Distance and Furniture Arrangements.
You want to ensure customers won't get bumped by staff or other
customers. To successfully achieve that you must position the
chairs at least 18" apart from each other. If a chair is placed
near a wall, you must allow at least 40" of space from the chair
to the wall.
Using the right furniture arrangement is the key to a successful
restaurant. This will help create the right atmosphere while
ensuring the staff can work properly.
- The angels between tables to restrict views.
- Wide spaced tables: Having a variety of tables helps you
better manipulate when having large number of customers. Mixing
table sizes will help create a visually interesting restaurant.
Keep in mind that square tables allow flexibility and are easier
- High backed seats.
- Light chairs are easily moved and do not damage the floor.
- Heavy chairs are more prestige and luxurious.
- For more flexibility you might consider storing some extra
stackable chairs just in case.