Using the right furnishings and layout for a restaurant is crucial. These factors control how efficiently the restaurant operates to supply the customer with the most pleasant environment. When furnishing a restaurant you must consider two main points: Distance and Furniture Arrangements.
You want to ensure customers won't get bumped by staff or other customers. To successfully achieve that you must position the chairs at least 18" apart from each other. If a chair is placed near a wall, you must allow at least 40" of space from the chair to the wall.
Using the right furniture arrangement is the key to a successful restaurant. This will help create the right atmosphere while ensuring the staff can work properly.
- The angels between tables should restrict views.
- Wide spaced tables: Having a variety of tables helps you better manipulate when having large number of customers. Mixing table sizes will help create a visually interesting restaurant. Keep in mind that square tables allow flexibility and are easier to re-arrange.
- Light chairs are easily moved and do not damage the floor.
- Heavy chairs are more prestige and luxurious.
- For more flexibility you might consider storing some extra stackable chairs just in case.